We are committed to building a culture of innovation and excellence
Young ambassadors, staff, trainers and trustees are committed to supporting young people to understand their own relationship to conflict and to enable them to make the changes in their lives. Leap’s culture is admired by many and we want to strengthen this and develop a culture of innovation and excellence across the organisation.
We are extremely proud to support the Open to All campaign, which encourages charities to only ask for a degree when completely necessary. We are also excited to announce that we have adopted The Halo Code, the UK's first Black hair code. No Black employee should have to change their natural or protective hairstyle in order to thrive at work. We hope that the Halo Code will move us one step closer to a world free from discrimination, where all Black members of our community have their identities fully recognised and celebrated.
Communications and Policy Manager
£37,000 - £42,000 depending on experience
The Communications and Policy Manager works with the Director of Income and External Affairs, Chief Executive and Senior Management Team. The role works closely with other colleagues across the wider Leap team to support their communications needs. The role will also engage and work closely with Leap’s Young Ambassadors.
We have ambitious plans to reach more young people over the next three years, which you can find in our strategy. We have launched a new brand and new website in April 2021 which we want to build upon to scale up our reach and help us increase our supporter's base. We are looking for a new Communications and Policy Manager to join our small and dynamic team.
Applications close Wednesday 29 September 2021 (9am).
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching:
1. An up-to-date CV that details all relevant education and experience, paid or voluntary, in relation to the role that you are applying for at Leap.
2. A supporting statement. In your statement please ensure:
- That you address each point of the person specification. Shortlisting is made easier if you address each point in turn.
- That you include contact details of at least two referees; one being your current or most recent employer (we will not make contact unless a provisional offer is made to you).
- That you ensure you quote the job title (Communications & Policy Manager) in the subject line of your email.
- Finally, please ensure that you have included mobile, and any landline telephone numbers where possible, as well as any dates when you will not be available or if you have any difficulty with the timetable outlined above.
We look forward to hearing from you.